We have just released a very nice maintenance update to the Mac version of our SMS Log application, the helper application that lets you view the archive of text messages collected by our Missing Sync series of applications (most notably for iPhone and Android).
To get the update, just select the "Check for Updates" option inside the application, or visit our downloads page.
The changes include:
- Search Bar now supports search of contact name, messages, or all fields
- New Sorting Preference -- sort contacts by choice of first or last name, or by company name
- Improved display of numbers -- they are now formatted according to international formatting rules, so that the country code will be shown as "+1" for the United States, "+49" for Germany, etc.
- Updated for Mac OS X, 10.8 (and now requires 10.7 or later. Support for 10.6 has been dropped)
- Now supports multiple selection -- an often requested feature has been to be able to select multiple contacts, or multiple messages for deletion. This new feature also allows you to "select all" the contacts, to view all messages in a timeline.
- Dramatically improved performance at startup up with large databases
- Now remembers selected contact between runs
- Updated all alerts that offered choice of "Yes/No", which can be confusing, to a choice of "Cancel" and the name of the action, such as "Delete Contact".
|New Search Options|
|New Sort Options|
In bringing the code up to date, these updates set the stage for our next improvement, which will be to provide integrated support for iOS devices.